Our Commitment to Sustainability
Together, we can keep our community bright and our planet green
At Barrel O’ Fun, sustainability is woven into the fabric of our company, and we’ve taken actionable steps to reduce our environmental impact.
- Using energy-efficient technology, we’ve reduced our water consumption by about 30% over the last three years.
- Our warehouse is lamped with energy-saving light bulbs that cut our energy consumption by half.
- We heat our office and warehouse space with the excess energy generated from our processing systems.
- Fourteen-percent of our energy consumption is from a renewable source.
- We purchase corn from suppliers that use traditional air drying methods, rather than commercial drying, which requires more energy.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- All of our plastic and corrugated items not used in production are bundled and recycled.
- Our waste oil is converted to biodiesel, which we use to fuel our route trucks and yard tractors, lowering our carbon emissions.
- The waste oil from our Arizona plant powers a classic locomotive that runs from Williams, AZ, to the Grand Canyon.
- Our scrap products are used to feed cattle.
Contact us to learn more about our sustainability efforts.